Explore Sandakan's heritage trail
History and Heritage
Sandakan is touted as Sabah's most historic town with many places of interest.
The Sandakan Heritage Trail is an hour-long walk that takes you back hundreds of years while visiting various sites that will experience the history of Sandakan.
Sandakan Heritage Trail Landmarks
The Sandakan Heritage Trail covers a list of monuments and landmarks throughout Sandakan. Please find below the highlighted landmarks.
Sandakan Heritage Trail:
- Masjid Jamek
- Dataran MPS (Sandakan Municipal Council Square)
- William Pryer Monument
- Memorial for Chartered Company's Officers
- Sandakan Liberation Monument
- Stairs with a Hundred Steps
- Agnes Keith House
- Remains of the Old Stairs
- Goddess of Mercy Chinese Temple (Kuan Yin Temple)
- St. Michael and All Angels Church
- Sam Sing Kung Temple (Three Saints Temple)
- Malaysian Fountain
- Wisma Warisan
- Sandakan Heritage Museum
All information and photo sources are from Sabah Tourism Board and Sandakan Municipal Council.